Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Comes Early

Friday brought an early Christmas present to the SBDA household:

A new frickin' job!

Had the interview in the morning; and later on that evening, had a job offer. So I told them I needed a little time to sort it all out (which I actually did), and that I'd call back to let them know. A few phone calls later, and after getting my head a little straighter, I knew I had to turn in my 2 weeks notice which I did over the phone and with an email.


I just needed a picture as awesome as the present that I got. This'll do it.

So I think I'll be starting with the Department around January 7th. At least that's the plan. And I also have to go through a few hoops what with the physical, drug screen and a few other tests. And let's not forget the fun that will be my last few days at the old job. Yay.

So anyways, Merry Christmas to me. Oh, and you guys as well. Thanks for all the well wishes again.

I'll let you all know more as I do, or at least when more things become a little clearer.

D

3 comments:

Paul said...

I hope this isn't the part of the series where they make you change jobs to boost "Screw Big Dumb American" in the ratings.
I hated when they made Alan Matthews in "Boy Meets World" quit his job as a grocer and open up an outdoors shop and hire Eric to work there.
I hope this is not that.

Good luck and congratulations.

Glad it was a very Feliz Navidad for you.

D said...

Man, you're just cramming those Boy Meets World references in where you can, aren't you?

First the Topanga post, now this.


And thanks.

adubya said...

Awesome! Do those 2 chicks come with the job? If so, where do I sign up?