Tuesday, August 09, 2005

At Running Back, number 34.... Tyrone Biggums!

So I watched some of the Bears - Dolphins game last night. Some of it. The second half really, because I hate pro football and just wanted to see Adrian Peterson play.

But while I was watching, they kept showing Ricky Williams (of course) and doing interviews with him. And I realized something: It's all jsut a PR stunt by the Dolphins. They didn't really get Ricky Williams back; they just put a crazy, homeless man in a jersey and let him run around on the field for a couple of plays.

'Cause that's exactly what Williams looks and sounds like now: a crazy, homeless man. God, I wish I could have found a pic of him last night.

I'm almost tempted to watch more Dolphins' games just to see what philosophical crap he'll spout off next. Last night he had a gem like (and I paraphrase): "I traveled all over the world last year to find myself, only to realize that I was still right here inside myself."

Um, yeah. Me too, buddy. Me too. Apparently Ricky used an ass-load of weed to try and find himself and got really fucking lost along the way. It was probably like a big ass Where's Waldo puzzle to him at that point.

So, in the words of Lawrence Taylor: "Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack."

D

No comments: