Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Randomness Abound!

Sorry, not the "personal ad" just yet. I'm still working on that. In fact, I may just change that to the "Do's and Don'ts of Dating D". (Alliteration is nice)

But I do have a few random observations/comments:

1. Nothing like finding out a show you really liked didn't get renewed by seeing one of the stars in a commercial for a new show on another network. Apparently, Committed didn't make the Fall line up for NBC. I was watching something on CBS when I saw a commercial for their new show Close to Home. Jennifer Finnigan (Marni on Committed) was the lead. In the words of Dr. Evil: "Shit." It's kind of like the surprise you get by coming home to find out your girlfriend has moved out and taken most of the stuff. Well, not exactly, but those of you who now me know that I take my TV seriously and I can make that comparison.

2. 33 days until the college football season starts. Well, by my standards anyways. I usually go by the 1st Saturday when teams start playing. Sept. 3rd to be exact. My birthday. So one of my presents needs to come in the form of a "W" in Boston.
And I'm still working on getting my copy of NCAA 2006. I didn't buy 2005, so I won't feel gipped by the lack of updates. I'll just be happy to play as Georgia Southern.

3. Part of the reason that I don't have the "personal ad" ready to go is I got caught up reading Blankets by Craig Thompson last night. I read the first half without even realizing it. So that killed a few hours and halted progress on the ad. It may even be pushed back another day, 'cause I gotta finish Blankets tonight. It's so damned good.

4. Almost messed up here and posted something about some potential "employment opportunities" that are arising. But I don't want to be specific, name names or jinx anything. So I'll be cryptic for now. Just cross your fingers and toes for me, and hope everything works out. I am.

5. I'm thinking of starting my own little review section (hopping on the bandwagon, I know). Just kind of doing mini-reviews. I can't begin to pull off the kind of great stuff that Scott cranks out. So it may just be about any movies or TV shows I watch, or any books or graphic novels I read. Short ones. About 3 paragraphs or so (1. Description, 2. Review & 3. Prognosis/Recommendation). How's that sound? Of course, it all depends on time availability.

6. Sportscenter is doing their 50 States in 50 Days right now. They hit Georgia on August the 9th. They'll be at Turner Stadium for the Giants-Braves game. I wonder if they'll mention "The Real 6 Flags Over Georgia" or not in their little coverage of the state. We'll see.



















I had more, but I forgot 'em. I'll update later if I remember.

D

3 comments:

michelle said...

I hear you on the Committed show, I liked that one and had similar thoughts when I saw her commercial for the new show she is in....there should be a warning label on some of these shows, "be prepared to lose this show so don't become hooked"..something like that, my vocabulary isn't working yet this morning

D said...

"WARNING: This show could become a cult hit with a very small and loyal audience and then suddenly not be renewed in favor of more reality-crap and poorly scripted sitcoms. Enjoy the show...while you can."

D said...

Nah, my 33 days is static. It isn't really a counter. Didn't really bother to do that. So just count down from Sept. 3rd. :)

D