Monday, December 04, 2006

Everything’s better with chili

All last week I kept hearing a commercial (no XM in the rental monster truck) for a chili cook-off and flag football tournament in Savannah. And I remember thinking: “Oh, man I love chili….” I also remember thinking: “Damn. Why doesn’t Statesboro ever have a chili cook-off? This blows!”

But not all chili-eating hope is lost. That very afternoon after I claimed that it blew, I received an email with an attachment that said the ‘Boro would indeed be having a chili cook-off of its own.

Thursday will be the 2nd annual Chili Cook-Off Competition in the annual downtown Holiday Celebration. And I will be there. More importantly, I will be there with my very own, trusted chili spoon (his name is Hank). That spoon and I have been through many a bowl of chili together, and quite frankly, there’s no one I’d rather share a bowl of chili with. Except Jessica Biel.

They’re gonna have categories for: Overall Best Chili, People’s Choice, Meat, Veggie, With Beans, No Beans, & Best Restaurant Chili. And if I feel so inclined, I might just review them myself. And, the chili gods willing, I might be able to volunteer to be a judge. That might be the culmination of my life right there. And I’m actually fine with that.

So if anyone cares to join me Thursday shortly after 5:00, give me a call. Hank and I will be glad to let you tag along. And if you play your cards right, you may even get to use Alfonse- Hank’s identical, yet Latin, brother.

D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please don't let Tommy go with you. I wouldn't be able to survive the night. It would be putrid.

D said...

Heh heh heh...

adubya said...

I mixed chilli in mashed potatoes yesterday, it was awesome.