Monday, August 06, 2007

The heat is on

Fucking-A it has been hot lately.

There's been a heat advisory for the past day or so, extending into today and tomorrow. I think they're saying that the heat index is somewhere around 115. That's felt about right.

I was thinking that there's something wrong with the AC in my car (which there probably is) because it just wasn't cooling me down like it should, but it could be that it's just so regoddamneddiculously hot that it has to be on full blast for a while to start working. And what with Statesboro not being the biggest city, it's only by the time you get where you're going that it finally starts to cool down.

Driving around yesterday, the thermometer said 101- steadily moving its way up to "heat stroke"; and I was beginning to hallucinate on my way to see "The Simpsons Movie" (which rocked by the way). That could have also been because I was getting hungry too, but still, it was "God is trying to burn us all" hot outside.

I almost said screw it and went and bought a couple of more tickets to see "The Bourne Ultimatum" just so I could stay inside in the AC. Which reminds me, we bought tickets for the 3:15pm Simpsons, but the theater's AC wasn't working, so we asked if we could just switch to another showing. For the life of me, I can't understand why they continued to sell tickets to that theater when the AC wasn't working. They had to know taht people were going to freak out and ask to be switched or for their money back. I don't get it.

So for all of you who are miserable in your low 90 summer weather, quit your bitching. It could be worse. I'll just try to keep that in mind when It's 32 here and, like -32 somewhere else.

D

4 comments:

adubya said...

Ok, ok, I'll stop complaining about my 95 heat index. I don't mind the heat so much, the humidity is what drives me nuts. I should just move to the desert.

D said...

You could get more golf in.

Kelley said...

It is frakkin' hot!!!!

Paul said...

I actually think that up until now it has been a pretty moderate summer. Today was the first day when Diesel seemed uncomfortable walking in the heat.