Thursday, September 20, 2007

My new precious

Guess what new-fangled technology the Big, Dumb American will be getting shortly?

My holy grail: a DVR.


Yep, finally got around to calling DirecTV and upgrading my account to include a DVR.

Only problem is, I have to wait until the 28th for them to come and install it. And then I don't even get the weekend to play around with it, as I have to go out of town for the weekend. So a crash course in DVRing from the technician will be in order to get me through until I can get back that Sunday afternoon and geek out with it.

Great googily moogily, I can't wait.

D

6 comments:

adubya said...

Wow, welcome to 2004... already in progress.

I hope you're getting a 2nd line hooked up as well. It's a must have.

D said...

Thanks. Good to be here.

No. No 2nd TV...yet.

adubya said...

No, not a 2nd tv, a 2nd line to your dvr. In order to properly utilize the dvr you must have 2 lines going to it. Otherwise you're stuck watching one channel (it's always recording). If you have 2 lines you can watch one show live and record another or record 2 and watch something else previously recording. Trust me, you need it.

D said...

Ah, ok. I printed that out so that I'll have it ready to go when they technician comes to install it. I want as much DVR as possible.

D said...

And thanks.

adubya said...

no problem. All the directv dvr's have 2 inputs. They should be able to run a 2nd line. Not sure how they can do that at your apartment though.