Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stupid budgetary constraints

Finally got in touch with Savannah's HR yesterday, only to find out that things are in a holding pattern right now.

Due to city budget issues, they aren't starting a new class in January like they were planning on. She said maybe in April though. April? Christ that's a long time to wait.

And they're not really notifying people about drug tests or anything right now either, as they have to wait until they have a class date set before they can . So we're just supposed to keep on doing what we've been doing: waiting. At least I don't have to go through the whole process again.

But today I turned in another application for Statesboro as I recently learned of an opening. The app deadline had already passed, but I emailed the new HR guy, letting him now I wanted to apply and asking him to please consider me for this opening (aren't I polite?). He said he would, but to hurry; so I filled it out last night and dropped it off this morning after talking to him for a bit.

Honestly, I'd rather get on in Savannah, but I'd feel stupid to not put in here just to be safe. But what do I do if I get offered the job in Statesboro? Do I take it when I'd rather be in Savannah? Or do I pass and take my chances waiting to hope I get an offer from Savannah several months from now? I kinda want to just take the first offer that comes and make the most of it, even if it's not exactly what I really want (or what I think I want). But if I'm going after a dream, why should I settle for something less? Or maybe I'm supposed to get on in Statesboro...

Damn it. Decisions decisions.

D

2 comments:

Kelley said...

you are meant to be in Statesboro

D said...

We'll see.