Friday, September 28, 2007

With new life often comes death

So, not long after the Future Overlord and I welcomed the newest member of the household with open arms, we lost a dear member of the family.

First, my DVR is now up and running with 2 shows already recorded- both of which I watched on airing but was just testing out the DVR. And thanks to the worldly and sage advice of Adubya, I had the DirecTV technician install a 2nd line so that I can watch 1 thing and record another or record 2 things simultaneously if I'm out. It's awesome.

But there is not all joy in Big Dumb American-ville. My vacuum cleaner died. Cancer, I believe. Well, I say that because it went out smoking.

Right in the middle of cleanup after the technician left, there was a new bad sound coming from the vacuum and then a funky smell. At first, I thought the dog farted, or maybe I did. But it was the vacuum cleaner crapping itself before passing on I suppose. And then a worse smell and finally the smoke.

"That's not good."

So I put it out to pasture out front for a bit, and I'll have to take it to the dump or try and Gcycle it or something.

Not being able to not finish a vacuuming job, I had to go and fire up Old Cranky. OC is my other vacuum cleaner, whose a bit like a semi-retired special forces operative- he only gets called out to clean up the big, nasty messes. I call him Old Cranky because he's, well, old and louder than Hell. I mean, I think they heard him several doors down. But he got the job done.

So, soon we'll probably be welcoming in another new family member in the form of a young, impressionable vacuum cleaner. I'm sure it'll make me proud.

Oh well, time to continue the mourning and healing processes by messing around with my DVR, whom I've named Deaver (name that movie).

D

2 comments:

Suine Hallock said...

Pump Up the Volume?

D said...

Winner winner, chicken dinner!