Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bill Gates responsible for Judgement Day

Had a brief training session on Microsoft Office 07 today. And I realized that some day soon I'll need to bring a weapon to work and ask for cover fire when I need to make copies.


"I gotta get through that to get to the bathroom? Fuck it. I'll pee my pants."

According to our trainer, Office's new document type, .docx, is built off XML. Also according to said trainer, XML will take over the world soon. At which point I raised my hand and asked if this would lead to Skynet, the rise of the machines and the downfall of man... to many (expected) bewildered looks. But it was totally worth it. I spent the next few minutes zoned out to what was going on, and imagining leading my rag-tag group of surviving coworkers down the hallway to the break room; dodging and ducking from endoskeletons and ground tanks.

Ah, good training session.

D

3 comments:

Suine Hallock said...

I actually got a similar reaction from my co-workers when I interrupted their griping about being unable to take various hygenic products aboard plains. I explained to them that it would probably be fine to take just make-up or just hairspray, but using the two in conjuction could lead to death by Smylex poisoning. No one had better come crying to me when one of our co-workers is found dead on the break room floor with a paralyzed smile on their face.

Suine Hallock said...

I mean planes, not plains. My bad.

D said...

Nicely done. It's a damned shame when we waste perfectly good jokes, innuendos, and references around the pop culture handicapped.

"The goddamned Germans got nuthin' ta do with it!"