Monday, November 05, 2007

Insert Witty Banter Here

Well hellooooo.

Sorry for the overly long, and possibly overly dramatic, absence from the blog-o-sphere. All is well, or at least as well as it can be considering my last post. But a return to normalcy is probably the soup du jour. And you know what that means!!! That's right: intermittent and random-ass posting where I bemuse, belittle, berate, befuddle and a whole bunch of other b-words everything and everyone that I can think of or that others can think of for me.

As a public (and you all know that's pronounced "pewb-lick") service to all my loyal and disloyal readers, here are a few of the things that I rightly should have covered during my unwarranted hiatus. Feel free to imagine the gafaw-worthy insight and musings that you have become accustomed to reading from me. Or make up your own as they're probably better.

1. My Halloween costume as Brian VanGorder, and my awesome-ass mustache to go along with it. "Why VanGorder?" "Well, what's scarier to a Georgia Southern fan?"
2. Man, it's good to be on drugs again... well, Xenadrine anyways. Ran my ass off today. Seriously, I think I passed it coming back on my 3rd mile. I'm sure it'll catch back up later.
3. The clusterfuck that is the Statesboro City Council elections. How great would it have been with a credibility/stereotype joke about the guy named Bubba running?
4. Drinking in a hotel with friends from out of town, drinking a fraternity brother under the table, taking him back up to his room to pass out, and then going back down to the other room to drink more beer with the last person left whose room it was.
5. Going back to the gym after a two month lay-off. One word: owwwwwwch!
6. UNC is the preseason #1 in the polls. Georgia Southern? Probably hanging around a litle lower than that. All that matters is the final rankings though.
7. Comic books are so damned good right now. Why must I be so poor? Oh, right. I know why.
8. Giving blood again. Cleaned up on the free cookies because there wasn't hardly anyone else giving. Sweet.
9. Contemplating giving up the SBDA blog (again). But I kinda dreaded getting a comment emailed to me from Adubya comparing me to The Princess. Again.
10. Still waiting to hear from Savannah or Statesboro. At this point if I rush into a fire, I'm still just an idiot, not a firefighter.
11. The Writers Guild strike. Not really gonna hurt me until around just after Christmas or so when already taped shows run out. Then it'll be a Vader-esque "Noooooooooo!"
12. Twelve? Shit, this way way more than I thought I would have written about. Anyhoo, TV is still pretty damned good and I'm wearing the Hell outta Mr. Deaver. And for some God-only-knows why reason, I'm still watching "Moonlight".
13. $5.50 pitchers of Guinness & Stella during happy hour at K-Bob Kelly's.
14. Making a drunken, German spectacle of myself at the IHT's official wedding rehearsal dinner party as a direct result of several of number 13s. Ummm, my bad?
15. And I'm gonna cut it off here as this really has been way longer than the little "Hey, I'm pretty much back and I know you missed my faux garishness and comedic timing" post. I'll end it with "How about them Eagles!?" From 3-8 last year in the season that never happened, to 7-2 so far under the Hatch Attack. Hail Southern!, Go Eagles!, One more time!, Find a way! and all that.

Ahhhh.... that's better.

D

3 comments:

adubya said...

Welcome back, princess...

Kelley said...

Glad you have returned. Missed you.

Paul said...

Like they said on the best TV show ever to feature a professional poker player, "Welcome Back Kotter."