Friday, September 23, 2005

Fin.

So it's my last day at work. And here I am hard at work. Oh so hard at work as you can see.

I have one of 2 exit interviews in a few hours and will get the full "I'm so disappointed in you" in person from my boss. Whatever. If I wasn't treated like an indentured servant for the last few months, then I might care a little. But I don't. The other exit interview with HR isn't until Monday. So I have a few days to decide if I want to blast my bosses on my way out, or just be happy with how pissed they are that I'm leaving right now in the middle of the season. Probably the latter.

Then I have to turn in everything that I was ever given to use for work (ID, calling card, office key, nametag, computer, etc...) so that I don't go around posing as an employee. I think that I've had quite enough of posing as an employee around here, thank you very much. Don't think I'll be doing it on my time off. But, turning in that shite will allow me to go around campus and visit people I haven't seen in a while and most importantly stay out of the office and possibly leave early to get my drink on. ****ATTENTION! Anyone in or around Statesboro should come to The Hat to see me get extra wasted tonight. Starting at 5:00 (or earlier). That is all. ****

So today I spend my time cleaning out my office, getting teary eyed from saying goodbye to those I care about, and swiping as much stuff as I can. I think I deserve some "going away gifts" from the office. When the hell am I ever going to go out and buy some nice pens or Post It Notes? I use those damned things like I own stock in 'em.

I do have next week off before starting my next job, so I find myself trying to think of things to do to keep me occupied. I unfortunately can't pull a Brad and go off on a great vacation before starting the new job, so I'm stuck with hanging around the 'Boro. So far I have come up with a few things to keep me occupied for the next week:
  • Cleaning the apartment (over and over)- for those of you who know me, that's a given.
  • Washing the car
  • Running twice a day (hopefully)
  • Renting some movies/games from Blockbuster
  • Going to see Serenity when it opens on Friday.
  • Washing the dog- that will take all day.
  • Experimenting with how much I can drink in one day in the middle of the week.
  • Getting my comics on time on Wednesday

And that's about all I can think of. Anyone got any suggestions? That'll only take up a few days out of the whole week, so I may be kind of bored.

Well, that'll do it for this update. I'll probably add some other things later though. OH! I almost forgot, since I have no access to a 'puter at home, I'll either have to sneak into the library to post and check on everyone or wait a week until I start at the new place. Just FYI.

D

1 comment:

The Icon said...

Wow. And so comes to an end four years of Hell. See you tonight buddy.