Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fruit basket turn-over

Sorry if this kind of comes and goes style-wise and/or just seems spotty at best. I'm watching TV and typing during commercials/the shows.


Ah, Fall. I love the fall and all the things that come with it: college football, girls returning to the 'Boro, and all the new shows on television. It's that last one that I'm gonna cover for a bit until I run out of things to say.

The new Fall line-up is a great and troubling thing of beauty. All the new shows that get cranked out to peak my interest and the return of some old favorites. It wouldn't be a problem if all the ones I wanted to watch came on at different times from each other, but I'm not that lucky. Instead, I have to try and pick between a new show that I think I might enjoy and the ones that have won me over in the past. I know, my life is so hard.

Formulating a plan to combat this onslaught of entertainment is tricky at best. I'm almost having to flip a coin to decide which ones to watch. However, I'm pretty much going with an hour long show if it's matched up against a half-hour one. I figure that the networks are more likely to show the half-hour ones again later, rather than the hour long ones. Logical enough, right?

It's just having to decide between genres or even actual actors that makes it hard to decide. Do I feel like a comedy or sci-fi? Really can't go wrong with either one. Mark Harmon or David Boreanez? It's a pick 'em. And having to figure out what comes on when is a pain in the ass too. Shows getting moved to another day and time, or new shows being thrown into an old shows' time slots.

I suppose that in the next few weeks I'll have my picks and settle into my nice, little routine (since I won't have to work nights any more); but I do so miss my old one. I knew exactly what was coming on, slid into my butt-groove on the couch and immersed myself in some good, old boob-toobery. But for now, it's weeding out all the shows that don't make the cut and establishing my new starting rotation. All I know is I need like 6 TVs, each with Tivo. ;)

D

Old favorites:
Lost
NCIS
Scrubs
Smallville
Justice League Unlimited

New potentials:
My Name is Earl
Supernatural
Bones
Threshold

The dearly departed:
Angel
Committed
Firefly

1 comment:

D said...

I do have a VCR (as archaic as that is), but having Direct TV makes it useless to use if I'm there and watching TV. As for a DVR or Tivo, I have to have a land line to start it up (I don't) and a landline or broadband cable (again, I don't) to get the updates. Sooo, I pretty much am down to 1 show at a time right now.

As for Boston Legal, never got into it really. And the Office I do enjoy, but it depends on what's on at the same time. I think it was Supernatural, which I gave the nod to this week. And I liked it, so it might be in the rotation.

D