Sunday, September 18, 2005

Helpless.

There's not much more that I can think of to make you feel so utterly helpless, as when your school's athletic team (ie, football) is losing. Especially when you're accustomed to winning. A lot.

So when my team is now currently 1-2, I don't know what to think. Do we have a good team that just can't get it together? Are we just too young across the board? Is this really a rebuilding year? Will THIS loss snap us out of the funk and get us back on the right track?

Then there's the blame game. There's always got to be someone to blame, right? Some people are blaming the coaches and some are blaming the players. It's hard not to try and blame someone, but who's to blame really? Ill advised play calling and lost fumbles will both cost you the game.

But I'm trying to remain optimistic. In 2000 we started 1-2 (losses to UGA and Delaware) and ended up winning the national championship. But we're a very far cry from that team in 2000.

Hey, I said I was "trying" to remain optimistic. I'll still be there this Saturday and scream myself hoarse again just like 2 weeks ago.

D

GO EAGLES!!!!

No comments: