Monday, July 02, 2007

iLike iChat

UPDATE:
Use the "Big, Dumb Email" to send me your AOL ID if you want to chat, with the possibility of coming pseudo face to face with me as well.


Last night, yours truly was astounded yet again at the marvels of technology that reside within his magical techno box that helps him connect to the internets.

I discovered the time and space displacer known to people as "iChat". But I have come to know it as "The Magic Window".

So far I know it works with one person who has a MacBook, webcam and an AIM account. Now I just have to try it out with other people. Anybody got a webcam and AIM account? Lemme know.

If this takes off, I may never talk to anyone face to face again.

D

5 comments:

adubya said...

Dude, I have NEVER figured out how to use iChat... I have a Yahoo account. Can I get iChat to work with Yahoo IM? How the heck do I get it set up?

D said...

Just use AIM Express to set up an AOL IM account. No downloading needed. Then when you start up iChat, you should be able to use that account and create a buddy list from that. Adding (or converting) buddies at that point is a pain in the ass, but hey, you've got iChat.

adubya said...

I'll give it a look, thanks.
Do my friends on windows IM or Yahoo need to convert to aim express too?

D said...

More than likely.

Suine Hallock said...

I've got an iMac and iChat, but alas no web cam. I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I'm pretty sure quoting Meatloaf is against the law, so I better go put on a blindfold and face the rifle squad...