Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I put the “dic” in “prediction”

Man, it’s a good thing that I didn’t bet any money, take any sort of pride in, or have a sense of accomplishment in my bowl game predictions because I suck ass at it. I think I actually get progressively worse every year. Like I have some degenerative disease that’s just eroding my analytical skills. Or I’m drinking too much.

This year’s final tally: 17-15. That’s 2 games over .500 and a whopping 53% winning percentage. Enough to get me fired from pretty much any coaching position in any sport on any level. Or killed if I coached soccer in a South American country.

And thus ends another season of college football. I’ll miss you College Gameday Live from everywhere other than Statesboro, USC Song Girls that cheer at the wrong time and show their nice asses on national TV, rooting for any team that plays UGA on Saturday and betting that they’ll probably lose their bye week too, asking on Sunday how the tailgate that I was at for 8 hours was because I got too drunk to remember (again), and especially you John David Booty. Heh heh heh…”Booty”.

Sigh. Oh well, time now to move on to college basketball. But hey, only about 2 months before I get to showcase my skills and pick the NCAA Tournament. I can’t wait to have my Fantastic Final Four turn into the Defenders again…

D

1 comment:

adubya said...

At least you got Wisconsin over Arkansas right. :)