Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Crash!!!

No, that sound you heard wasn't an auto accident or even the stock market, it was me going back on my diet after a very non-productive Turkey Day akin to Michael's.

So I'm back on the diet wagon again, which is actually where I need to be before seeing The Girl and Christmas. Running, eating less (and healthier), and cutting back on the beer is the norm for me really. But lately I've been a lot less concerned about the food and beer, and pretty much everything in general last week.

But sometimes I question why I'm doing anything at all. I know I want to be healthy and fit. That's a given and that's for me. But am I doing it to please (or be more pleasing) to others? I don't think so, but it may be a positive side effect. If I feel good about how I look, and I look better to others; isn't that just an additional bonus? I just usually have to remind myself that I'm doing it for me first and foremost and not anyone else. I kind of blame it on the media too, and I can since I view myself as a former part of it.

But no matter how much I run, how little I eat, or how much Xenadrine I take; it never seems to make a real difference. Not that I can see anyways. Yeah, I can run a whole hell of a lot more than I could before, but I'm not seeing any physical results. Which is what I gauge myself on, not numbers really.

And try as I might, I know I'll never have the kind of body I really want to have (but don't we all?):


So, I'll be content just to try and get rid of my gut and love handles and then keep them off. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Jesus Christ. I am such a fucking girl. (No offense)

D

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I try to work out to:
1. Build my self-esteem
2. Look better and feel more comfortable in my own skin
3. Keep my body health for a longer happier life
I’ve had to finally start accepting my body as it is and just be happy with the way I look.
I’m trying to work out a good New Years resolution plan. Well I’ve already started on it somewhat, so lets call it a life plan. I’ve found that if I work out consistently I’m not as stressed. Working out keeps me sane, even if I fail to drop those pesky five pounds I’m still keeping my body healthy.

D said...

No doubt. That's how I feel too. I at least feel tired and like I've done something worthwhile after I run.

The Icon said...

Do you know what's fun AND makes you look cool?

Smoking.

It's worked for me for years now.

D said...

'Cause you're trying to start a mutiny at work.