Monday, April 10, 2006

Inconceivable!

The list of the 101 Greatest Screenplays is out. "Casablanca" comes in at #1, while "Notorious" comes in 100 places after that.

But there were three that struck me as a little odd to be considered a part of the top 101 greatest screenplays ever written:
Groundhog Day (#27)


Back to the Future (#56)


The Princess Bride (#84)


You heard me. A movie where Bill Murray comedically commits suicide multiple times, a movie centered around a time-traveling DeLorean, and a movie featuring Andre the Giant. Now don't get me wrong, I love all 3 movies... I just, um, I just never really considered them as being among the best ever written.

But I guess we're lucky they kept it to the "top" 101 screenplays, because I think that #102 was "Bubble Boy" and #137 was Dolph Lundgren's "Masters of the Universe". What? It could happen. "Groundhog Day" did finish ahead of "Schindler's List" (#49)...

D
"1.21 jigawatts!"

2 comments:

D said...

Good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed in that movie.

D said...

Bite your tongue, woman!!