Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Waiting Game

Is just not as much fun as most other games, really. Unless you add beer. But that makes everything more fun.

Well, since college basketball is over; I'm stuck playing the waiting game. And I hate it. And don't give me that "There's always the NBA, NHL, MLB, LMNOP, or whatever" spiel. I don't care. I really don't like the professional version of any sport, so those are pretty much out. Professional sports suck and take the purity out of the game. But that's another post (that I probably won't get around to writing).

I like college football and college basketball. More specifically, Georgia Southern football and Georgia Southern basketball. But I've got a while until football season begins.



So I wait. Patiently. Anxiously. Painfully. Scouring the athletic website and the message boards. Collecting any info I can and practically working myself into a low grade, class C frenzy while I count down the days until kickoff (Sept. 9th).




But, at least spring practice has begun and the annual Blue & White Game is in a few weeks. So I have that and the spring practice updates to tide me over until we start the new era of Georgia Southern football, and the quest for National Championship # 7.

GO EAGLES!!!

D

10 comments:

D said...

Georgia Southern is Division I-AA. Still Division I, but with the playoff system at the end, and no BCS.

adubya said...

Is that 8 man football? Do they use those red white and blue balls? Haha, I said blue balls... I crack myself up.

Seriously, go watch a baseball game or your summer will be very, very long. There's got to be some good minor leagues or something to go watch down there.

D said...

8 man football? Did you seriously just fucking say that?

*finger hovering over the "banned" button"*

As for the minor leagues...
Actually, I do like the minor league ball. I just never get the chance to go down to Savannah to catch a Sand Gnats game.

adubya said...

Yes, I said it. Whacha gonna do about it? Is that the kind of football where they have girl kickers too? :)

D said...

No, it's the kind of football where you can win a National Championship that's actually recognized by the NCAA and the College Football Hall of Fame. But of course Wisconsin wouldn't know about that as they're always happy just to play in the "No High Interest On Your Credit Card" Bowl at the end of the year.

Paul said...

Ah yes, the purity of college sports. Why don't you enjoy college lacrosse? Syracuse will dominate and you can't find a sport more pure than that. Duke lacrosse plays for the joy of the game. And the joy of skinning strippers.

adubya said...

Hey, a bowl is a bowl, at least they're on tv. :)

D said...

Actually I do kinda like lacrosse. Back in the day of old-school satellite (with the different satellites you could switch to), I used to follow UNC's men's teams as they were usually in teh hunt for a National Championship.

D said...

Wow. So is the PBA, but then again Wisconsinites do get excited over any kind of bowling.

That said, both the playoffs and National Championship are also on tv.

;-)

adubya said...

ah, the crash of the pins, the smell of the funky shoes, what's not to like?