Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"D'oh!": Lessons in Karma

Irony
Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony
4 : A literal or technical term for the Asian game show hosts of “Screw Big, Dumb American” screwing Derek over in a hardcore fashion
5 : Making fun of other peoples’ lack of regular posting and then getting busted for screwing around too much on the job, and then not getting to post anything at all yourself.


Yeah, that's right. I got busted. Big time. So I have to restrain myself until after 5:00 to check personal email and blog. So that means no more multiple posts (more than likely), or I might just turn into Scott and rarely blog at all. We'll see. (Yeah, I had to tempt Karma one last time.)

That is all. For now.

D

7 comments:

Erin said...

Oh NO!! Now what am I gonna do when I get bored at work???

adubya said...

Bummer, every blogger's worst fear.

The Icon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Icon said...

And now an excerpt from “Screw Big Dumb American: Weekend Edition”:

“Okay, radies and gentermen! Big Dumb American is having a goog weekend! That all wer and good, but it can’t rast too rong! Prace your bets now! What happen to Big Dumb American next? What can counter barance having pretty rady come to visit? Maybe he get sick? Maybe he get hit by truck? Maybe he get in fight?

Or maybe him get in trouber at work! Ooooh! Derek rike to brog arot! Derek friends know he like to spend time talking to buddies onrine! Prace bets now for boss man to write Derek up for onrine use!!! That he way he no spend time with his onrine friends as much!!!”

D said...

Ok. No more tempting Karma.

Yesterday when I went to go buy dog food, the bag I picked up ripped and started to spill dog food all over, but I managed to catch it and keep it from going everywhere. I chalked that one up to me taking a jab at Scott one last time.

Looks like I may have to go back to writing about my own miserable life in Word and then publishing it later, rather than just commenting hilariously on the random shit I find online. Just when I was getting really good at this. Damn.

adubya said...

Speaking of not posting in forever, there she is...

adubya said...

I don't believe any of that karma hokus pokus mumbo jumbo...
Wait, what's that? A bus? Out of control? Agghghhghhghghghg