Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hot off the Interweb presses

It's official:
I hate Baylor. There's nothing good in Waco, or at least nothing good that I'll be able to spend $5 to see.


Texas college bars students from posing for Playboy
"Baylor University in Waco, Texas, which bills itself as the world's largest Baptist college, has threatened to discipline female students if they pose for Playboy magazine, which is trying to recruit models from the college."

Discipline female students? Are they going to spank the girls if they get nekkid? If so, then maybe I'll reconsider. Of course maybe they'd reconsider if it were that shitty Indonesian version of Playboy.

-------

Would you like to super-size your heart attack?

Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat on More Meat
"The meat-on-meat Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger, launched Tuesday, features one-third of a pound of Angus beef, along with both Swiss and American cheeses, green peppers and onions. And piled atop all of that is thinly sliced steak meat."


So far, it's only in my dreams...

Despite my heart attack comment, I still want to try it. Hardee's keeps coming up with solid burger ideas for gluttons for punishment like me: the Monster Burger, the 2/3 lb Bacon Cheese Thickburger, the Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger, etc... I'm just waiting for them to add "Baseball's Best Burger" and I'll be the first one in line. And that lady's sarcastic question about the porkchop does intrigue me. Come to think of it, I think the Hardee's here is open 24 hours...

-------

Backdraft 2: Stop, Drop & Roll

I'm thinking of becoming a firefighter. And not the volunteer kind. The full time, working for the city kind.

Where'd I leave that hose? Heh heh... I said "hose".

Every time I see one of my buddies, he tries to get me to join up. He's always extolling the virtues and benefits of being a firefighter. Last night I was out drinking a few big beers with him and one of the guys on his shift; and as expected, they gave me the spiel. Every time that I hear it, it makes a little more sense, and lasts a little longer in my head. This time especially though.

So now, I'm really considering it. Only thing is, I just have to start trying to put out fires instead of setting them...

D

1 comment:

adubya said...

oh come on, how can you say mouth sized balls and then request no jokes me made!?!?!?