Thursday, November 16, 2006

Welcome to Thunderdome


VS


Yes, as some of you may have heard (or seen on ESPN2 or Sportscenter), my beloved Eagles went into Cameron and took on those dispicable Dook Blue Devils.

The held their own in the first half and gave those Crazies a little bit of a scare. But in the 2nd half it got away from us, and Duke did what Duke does and went and put us away.

I'm just proud as shit that Georgia Southern played as well as they did, for as long as they did. And if that effort was any indication of things to come this season, then I'll be a happy Eagle for the rest of the season.

The next big opponent for the Eagles: Illinois.

Go Eagles!

D

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Go Eagles!!!! We were called pesky in an AP article. Go us!!! We are pesky to Duke.

D said...

I was about pissing myself during the first half because we were playing so well. Of course I had been drinking for a couple of hours before the game too, so...

adubya said...

Nice game against Illinois...

Wisconsin played someone called "Southern" yesterday. Not sure who they are but it wasn't pretty for them. 92-39 Badgers.

Anonymous said...

"Nice"? We played crappy pretty much the whole game (we drove to Savannah to watch it on TV since we didin't get it here). I'm just glad it wasn't any worse than it was. There shouldn't be another loss like that for a while. At least, until we play Clemson.

adubya said...

You could always start rooting for Wisconsin. :)
Final 4 baby!

D said...

I might at some point waaaay later in the season. I already have two teams to cheer for right now, and that's more than enough.