Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Grimlock takes one in the tailpipe

Okey dokey. First there was “Prescription Adventure ’06!”

And I didn’t think it could get much more aggravating than that. Well, I didn’t want any more aggravation than that, so I decided to avoid all the waiting and other non-pleasantries that would accompany voting and I just said “Fuck it”. I know. I’m a bad American. It’s cool though. I’ll just get adopted by the Japanese (and I’d be a giant over there too!).

Anyways, I skipped voting and went home to eat and get ready to take the Future Overlord to Tommy & Kelley’s to get him acclimated over there since Kelley will be watching him this weekend. But before I left I remembered that I needed to take X3 back to the store as to avoid having to pay a late fee and spending more money the most “Meh”-worthy movie I can recall seeing. So I decided to drop it off on the way instead of going straight over.


“Dear Loki,
Why didn’t I just take it back afterwards? Oh, yeah. Because I’m on “Screw Big, Dumb American!” that’s why. Damnit.”


So I drop off the movie, head on over to Tommy & Kelley’s, and then comes the coup de grace of the day:

Getting rear ended like a prisoner on Oz.

It’s nothing real bad though. Grimlock just got a few flesh wounds. Take a look:



I was just sitting there at a red light, minding my own business, and probably thinking of something random and useless; when *WHAM!* Stuff starts flying forward, I thought the dog was gonna join me up front, and I got knocked out of my flip flops.

The first thing I did after putting the hazard lights on was get out and check on the dog, then the damage, and then see how bad the other car was. The lady that hit me creamed her little PT Cruiser. There was a fire in the engine and everything. I would have thought it cooler except for all the smoke billowing into the car via the let down windows for Brody.

It took all of about a minute for a cop to show up as he was about 50 yards away writing someone a ticket on the side of the road. And the whole thing really didn’t last but maybe 10-15 minutes as he gathered all the info and then let me go since my car was still in good condition to drive. Hers? Not so much. She had to be towed.

Later, on the way home, I just thought that if something else happened to me that night, on the way home or afterwards, I was gonna lose it and end SBDA a little prematurely. But then I remembered that I’d be missing a lot of good TV, so there went that empty threat.

I know it could have been a lot worse. I do. I just don’t know why the Japanese find it so damned funny to consistently piss me off. I guess I’m their live-action version of Homer Simpson or something.

D

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm sorry about your car adventures. I know that it totally sucks. Although Liz is probably a better person to commiserate with.

adubya said...

Did you notice the Japanese film crew in the Joe's Plumbing van parked off to the side?
Sorry about your vehicle, just be glad you weren't in a Mini Cooper or you'd have to remove her bumper from the back of your neck.

adubya said...

Didn't GSU just play Dook? And no post about it? Are you turning into the Princess?