Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hanner Hooligans assemble!

Well, football season is effectively over now; with no shot at either a SoCon title or even a spot in the playoffs. About all I have left is to hope we win out, beat Vermin, and pray that we finish with a winning season. So basically, we’re just playing for pride and to really fuck somebody else over. And as much as I hate to start thinking about this in November, it’s just about time to start thinking about basketball.



It looks like we should hopefully have a good season on the hardwood, as we’re picked to finish 2nd in our division this year. The addition of several big men to an already strong and experienced roster, could have a thing or two to do with it. If this new 6’11” cat can play, then we’ll be looking at a really strong chance at the SoCon title and an auto-bid into the Big Dance. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, or myself.

There’s a couple of chances to pull off major upsets, or to have our collective asses handed to us by some high profile teams: Illinois, Clemson, and possibly Dook (I mean, Duke) if we can win in their early season tourney. That game would be on ESPN2 by the way. Then of course there are the conference rivals and media darlings: Davidson and College of Charleston. Not an easy road there either.

But perhaps the biggest game of the season, with the usual division/conference title implications on the line (not to mention the raw hatred), will be the last game of the regular season against Charleston; which will be televised nationally on ESPN2 @ 1:00pm. And there’s no way in Hell that we want Charleston to come into Hanner and beat us on national TV. None.

So I’ve already started marking my calendar for the games that I’ll be at, and I’m already starting my prayers that Erin Andrews will be at Hanner for that last game so I can be just like my favorite Iowa fan. Mmmmm... Erin Andrews.

Chuck Farleston!

D

3 comments:

adubya said...

Wisconsin is actually ranked in the top 10 preseason poll, quite amazing...

The Icon said...

Forget the Hanner Hooligans. Let's bring out... the HARDHAT HOOLIGANS!

D said...

"Hello, Hard Hat Julio!"

"Hello, all my little Hard Hat Hooligans!"