Monday, November 20, 2006

"Will drink for Internet!"

I feel really disconnected from the Internet, like I don’t have a clue as to what’s going on anywhere. Back in the pre-Internet Embargo days, I knew about everything that was going on. Sports, comics, TV, movies, news, etc… You name it, I probably knew more about it than you did, or at least knew about it a little earlier. But now, I’m lucky if I know what I’m doing 10 minutes from now.

Every time I get on the computer now, I really probably only have about 30 minutes of activity. And it’s all usually after work and before I go running or do errands. So I pretty much go to the same places every time, however briefly. It’s really neither quality nor quantity.

Today’s the first day I’ve been able to actually have some quality time with my beloved Interweb, and yet I keep freezing up. I guess I’m like a kid in a candy store or me in a liquor store: too many options and my brain overloads, so I just stand there looking at the same bottle of Beam for 15 minutes. I’m just not used to it any more.

I know that I’ve said this before, but I’m saying it again now (and I’ll probably say it again in the future): I need to get a computer.

Here's hoping that I stumble upon a great deal on a laptop, and actually find myself in the 21st century.

D

No comments: