Monday, November 06, 2006

Lowered X-pectations

I finally got around to seeing X3: The Last Stand this weekend. And for some reason, I still don’t really know how I feel about it. I know for a fact that it was no where near as good as the first two, but I can’t really decide whether or not I liked it.

I mean, there were parts that I did really like (“Don’t you know who I am? I’m the Juggernaut, bitch!”), and there were some parts that I either didn’t like or just found myself yelling out “lame!” or “oh, that’s bullshit!” Ok, so there were a lot of those last parts. Not to mention all the holes in the plot line and the “Why? Why would you do that?” moments.

But despite all those moments where I nerded out and yelled at the TV, I can’t just come out and say “That was a really bad movie and I really didn’t like it.” (I have Chris to do that for me.) Maybe it’s just like one of those run of the mill summer action movies that you see and don’t really invest a whole lot of anything in. Like something The Rock would be in. And it’s a shame that I’m referring to an X-Men movie like that.

I just wish that I had the chance to watch it again to really make up my mind. Unfortunately, it’s a 2 night rental and I don’t have the time to sit down and watch it again before I have to take it back.

I think that maybe if it’s on sale during the holidays I may pick it up, if only to complete the set. I mean, it can’t be any worse than some of the other crap DVDs I own right? Right?

D

And after seeing X3, I had a veritable “chicken or the egg” problem that I needed solved. I got this straight from IMDB:

“Cain Marko's line "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" was inspired by a popular web parody film that made use of scenes from "X-Men The Animated Series." Throughout the parody , the Juggernaut character repeatedly says, "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch." According to the Wikipedia, Brett Ratner even has a link to this parody on his own website. (Whether or not the parody itself was inspired by a mis-heard line from an old X-Men video game is irrelevant to film's usage of this line, since it's clearly an homage to the web parody)”

1 comment:

The Icon said...

That was a really bad movie and I really didn’t like it. Just say it! It'll set you free!

And to answer your question, web parody came first.