Monday, October 30, 2006

“Eagles for Bush!”

While I never had any intention of voting for him back in 2000 (or ’04), I still had to have that sticker just because the 7th grader in me found it so damned funny.

Today, Bush is here in the ‘Boro to back and rally support for Republican Congressional candidate Max Burns; who apparently is so far behind his opposition, that it’ll probably take Bush and then some for him to win a seat.

And all Hell is apparently trying to break loose on GSU’s campus. Well, not all over campus (although that would be cool). From what I hear, it’s more where he’s speaking (Hanner Fieldhouse) and wherever they relegated the “free speech zone” (protesters) to be.

Luckily, I get to drive by Hanner on the way home for lunch so I may get to see a bit of the Secret Service-controlled chaos. Or I may just get stuck in enough traffic to make me hate Bush even more. We’ll see. I may or may not have more to update with later.

For now though I leave you with that great slogan that made me giggle a thousand times over: “Eagles for Bush!”

Yeah, it’s still funny to me.

D

2 comments:

adubya said...

My mom told a story last night that involved her referring to a woman's nether regions as "bush". I was truly disturbed.

D said...

*shiver* Ewww...