Monday, October 02, 2006

Anybody know the Heimlich?

Wow. That’s some quality choking right there. Even Reggie Miller would like to make fun of that.

Detroit finally finished blowing the as-high-as 12 ½ game lead (May 27th) over the Twins that they’d been nursing for most of the second half of the season. And what better way to let Minnesota win the Division than by choking on the 6 run lead they had over the Royals in THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON!!

While we’re at it, thanks for making it as excruciating as possible too. By taking the game into extra innings instead of just getting it over with during the “paid for” innings, you guys managed to raise the blood pressure and shave off 2.37 years off all us fans. Or think of it as adding 3.56 years to the life of all non-Tigers fans, because laughter is the best medicine.

I know I should be grateful for still being able to coast into the playoffs (on fumes) for the first time in 19 years. I know I should be. But I’m not.

My complimenting them for the entire season didn’t work so well. Let’s see what happens when I call them a “buncha assholes” at the start of the playoffs.

Buncha assholes.

Go Tigers.

D

3 comments:

adubya said...

That was a beautiful choke... classic. Now they get the priviledge of facing the Yankees and getting that early jump on Christmas shopping.

D said...

I guess they can just ask the Brewers to hold them a spot in line, right?

adubya said...

Brewers finished their Christmas shopping back in July...