Monday, October 23, 2006

No career change just yet…

Damn. Found out that the City already did interviews the other day for the 2 open Firefighter positions it had. Seeing as how I didn’t get a call, I can use my Batman skills to deduce that I’m not gonna be one of those 2.

But my buddy is telling me that the new Chief wants to add an additional ladder truck to one of the stations to go out on all calls. So that would require hiring about 12 men to fill that truck on all the shifts. So hopefully sometime very soon they’ll be looking for 12 more guys.

The one positive I can come away with, is that it gives me a little more time to heal up and get ready. I’m also looking into taking the Firefighter I certificate program at night if we’re gonna offer it at school next quarter. I don’t really care about people finding out anymore.

So for now, another dream has been dashed. I’ll just sweep it up and put it in the trash with all the others. Man, I really need to change that bag as it’s getting really full.

I am not giving up though.

D

3 comments:

adubya said...

You could always practice by carrying your friends around over your shoulder.

The Icon said...

What's with this half empty shit? Buck up! Life's not so bad.

Fred Tollver loves you...

D said...

Ah... Fred Tollver. The Wonderlust never fades.