Monday, October 23, 2006

Don’t I know you?

Seems that the A.S.S. mockumentary is ever so slowly gaining a little more notoriety. Well, at least here in the ‘Boro.

2 nights in a row I was up at the bar and had someone ask me about it. Friday night’s was the best because it was so completely out of left field and just took me by surprise (not to mention giving everyone at the table a good laugh). I was stunned for a few seconds before I was able to ask him how he’d seen it. Turns out it was just in a search for “Statesboro” in YouTube (we come out on the third page along with some of those “Bubba-San” Car City commercials). He said his favorite part was my belly flop on the grass, to which I responded “Yeah, I did my own stunts.”

Saturday night had the bouncer at the door ask me about it while I was coming in. He just said that he had found it pretty much the same way with one of his friends and they had watched it a couple of times. And coincidentally, Bubba-San was at the bar that night too.

What with the small resurgence of interest, maybe I should go as good ol’ LC for Halloween this year. I’ll just be sure to wear a “Hello. My name is: Liquid Courage” nametag. Of course I’ll have to write it in crayon, make the handwriting really sloppy and possibly put the “r” backwards or something.

This almost makes me want to ask Jake to get a copy of the extended movie and put it on YouTube as well, if only for the bloopers at the end. Almost.

D

No comments: