Thursday, October 19, 2006

Homecoming: Two Thousand Ought Six

Ah, Homecoming week in the ‘Boro. And what a lackluster week it’s been. Last year I kinda felt the same way, but I was off campus for the first time in 9 years, so I didn’t get to see everything that was going on on campus. But this year’s seems a little worse for some reason.

Maybe it has something to do with us having a shoddy 3-3 record. Maybe there just hasn’t been a lot of promotion around town (I’m hoping that’s not the case on campus). Hell, maybe most people are just dreading the potential ridiculously embarrassing ass-whipping we could receive from the #1 team in the nation, and are trying not to think about Saturday at all. Who knows?

Well, I’m gonna try and make the most of it this weekend (as I do every year really) despite all the things that “could” happen. It’s like they say: the game’s played on the field, not in the stat sheets. Which still doesn’t inspire too much confidence in that we keep playing like a friggin’ yoyo (the “every other game” theory has us losing Saturday).

But I digress. Friday night does present itself with a good outing opportunity in that Elohsa will be playing at Dos. Haven’t seem them in quite some time, and I missed their last show because I didn’t even know they were playing. Saturday will offer the usual tailgating, albeit handicapped by a stupid 12:00 noon kickoff time. That only allows me a few hours to get “peppy” beforehand. Which, when playing “crApp State”, may or may not be enough time. Saturday night be me more of the same (having way too good of a time at Dos), but hopefully will allow a nap beforehand this time.

So that's pretty much the plan. Well, it's more of a loose guideline really. Hell, I'll probably just play it by ear really.

Oh, and before I forget:
crApp State is Hot Hot Hot!



Go Eagles!

D

2 comments:

adubya said...

You think noon is bad? Our games are at 11 here. That means tailgates begin at 6am....

The Icon said...

I don't know, but it's always seemed to me that homecoming was never THAT big a deal. Sure, people turned out for the parade, but I don't ever remember tons of people going ape shit just because it was homecoming weekend.