Thursday, October 05, 2006

Do I tell you how to do your job?!?!

I hate the campus-wide faculty/staff meetings we have at the beginning of the month. Inevitably they talk about numbers or present market research that tells us shit I already know. I always feel like everyone is sitting there thinking “Why aren’t we doing that?” or “Isn’t D supposed to be doing that?”

Well, yes we are; and yes, I am. So shut your mouths and let me do my job, which is exactly why your bosses hired me. You just go back to doing whatever the hell it is that you’re supposed to be doing.

Fucking meetings.

But on the kick-ass side, I did win a $25 gift certificate to the Beaver House (heh, “beaver”) at the end of the meeting, so that settled me down a bit. I think it’s only a matter of minutes before one of the girls I work with tells me I can use it to take out the girl they’re trying to set me up with. And I did see her again today, and maybe it was the distance or something, but she looked a little cuter today. I dunno. I think I need a good look right at her in some good lighting to really be sure. Don’t wanna waste my gift certificate, you know?

D

2 comments:

adubya said...

better to waste a free $25 than to waste your own hard earned money...

D said...

True.