Friday, October 13, 2006

Like that worm Kahn put in Chekhov’s ear

WARNING: This is one of those sucky, “my feelings” posts that isn’t of any real interest to anybody. I just felt like wallowing.
----

I feel like I’m not in complete control of my thoughts lately. Not that I can always control the randomness and thought processes that go on in my big ol’ noggin, but I can usually push things aside and forget about them for a while, if not permanently.

Not this week though. This week it’s been hard to find things that keep me busy or occupied enough to keep from thinking about something that’s just dragging me down lately. Actually, that “something” should be “someone”.

And that “someone” would be a still-smoking-hot ex, who I never really got completely over. And I had to see her all week long. Yet another reason I need to change professions.

Yes, things were friendly. Yes, I tried to play it cool. And yes, I felt like dogshit the whole week.

I found it hard to look her in the eyes when I talked to her, I had to will myself not to look over at her when I wasn’t busy, and I even had the extra-insane compulsion to go home and work out every day afterwards (like it was gonna do any good the week of). I just couldn’t win. When I was around her, I wanted to avoid her; but when I was avoiding her, I wanted to be around her. Damnit!

Friggin’ SBDA. They really decided to take a shot at my emotional cajones this week, and got a good one in. I hope they were entertained, ‘cause I sure as hell wasn’t.

Oh well, whatever. Guess I’ll deal with it the same way I usually do: gettin’ drunk.

D

5 comments:

Paul said...

can you post a picture so I know how badly I'm supposed to feel for you?

D said...

Is that sarcasm? I'm sensing some sarcasm. If not though, I tried looking for an appropriate picture but couldn't really find anything. But I'm taking it as sarcasm.

Paul said...

Not sarcasm. If your girl looks like scar.jo in that sweater then I will feel very badly for you. If she looks like Pam Beesley during one of Michael's meetings, then my sympathy will lessen

D said...

Ah, I see.
Actually I don't have a picture of her to post. Thankfully, really.

I thought she was/is smoking hot, but others might think she falls somewhere inbetween Scar.Jo and Pam. I think waay more towards Scar.Jo though.

D said...

Actually, looking at the Scar.Jo pic again, my ex kinda really does look like her in that pic. But with smaller golden globes than Scar.Jo.