Monday, May 14, 2007

Breaking the habit

Hi. My name is Derek, and I'm an addict. Of sorts. Kinda?

I have got to get off the Xenadrine. I'm way too dependent on it for energy, and have built up a pretty good tolerance to it to boot. I've started taking more than the recommended dosage lately. So I don't even really know why I'm really taking it at this point. Because I'm hooked? Maybe.



I've been taking it (or something similar to it) for as long as I can remember, and haven't really cycled off of it like I should have. That pretty much screws up the effectiveness of it right there. The last time I went without was at the end of last month, and I had no energy whatsoever when doing anything. Not good. I need to be able function on my own, using it to give me a boost instead of keeping me going period.

So I guess that's it. I'm going cold turkey...as soon as this bottle's done.

Hey, not all 12 steps have to be big ones.

D

And I totally apologize if I offended any recovering addicts with that.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Pizza Parlor Derek also had a problem with ephedra several years back perhaps precipitated by my "you're gonna die" rant at a bachelor party. I think he dropped 50 pounds in a matter of months and only gave it up after his sobbing mom found them in his sock drawer.
Great story. I wouldn't recommend taking anything in perpetuity, not even aspirin. Your body has a great way of giving you what you need. Be good to it and it will be good to you.

adubya said...

From what I've read, it doesn't work for weight loss and it's not good for you, so should be an easy decision to make. Maybe switch to crack or something instead.

D said...

I'm currently in the market for a good, reputable heroin dealer if anyone's interested.