Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tales of Dickery: Logan's Reverse

This is one of the times that Dickery was assailed upon me. And it single-handedly ended one of my best runs of dickery ever. I still hold a little grudge against Logan for this one…

I’d had a good 2 year or more reign of dickery over Chris for his not inviting me to his wedding. I used that sparingly, only busting it out when it was truly called for. And one time at the Eagle Diner over breakfast with a group of friends and a visiting Chris; I felt it was a good time to use it once again. (God, I really am a dick.)

Chris was going on with one of his bachelor party/wedding stories while we're finishing up eating breakfast and I threw my little bit of dickery out there. Chris was just about to apologize for the umpteenth time, when out of no where Logan lets fly with:

“You know, it seems to me a good friend would have emailed or called him back and asked for all the specifics.”

I swear to God that you could almost hear the needle being pulled across the record, bringing the music and the conversation to a complete stop.

Chris, whose head had been hanging down, lifted his head and looked at me with eyes as wide as dinner plates.

Chris: “Fucking A. Thank you, Logan. Yeah, Derek why didn’t you ask?”

Me: “Aw, shit. Thanks a lot, Logan. You just ruined the one thing I had over Chris.”

Logan: “What? What’d I do?”

And from that point on I was never able to use that on Chris again. Oh, sure I tried it one more time a few months later just to see if it’d work again; but he shot me down and finished it with a “I have GOT to thank Logan for that.”

And thus concludes the two-parter of me not being a part of Chris’ big day.

*shaking fist* Logan!!!!!

D

7 comments:

Kelley said...

Ah...Logan. Our sage adviser.

The Icon said...

So Derek, why DIDN'T you ever email me back? Too good to come to my wedding?

D said...

*sigh* Goddamnit, Logan. I'll get you for this. By the Lords of Cobol, I swear it.

adubya said...

I feel somewhat underwhelmed...

The Icon said...

Adubya, you really had to be there in person to get the full effect. Derek's not kidding that he lorded that shit over me every chance he got. To see the despair and complete and utter defeat on his face was a moment that I will treasure forever. I bet he had the same face when he learned Santa wasn't real. Truly, it was a Screw Big Dumb American classic moment.

D said...

Underwhelmed after a prolonged wait? Hmm, guess it really was like an episode of Lost after all.

adubya said...

Might have been more interesting if you had introduced 2 completely new characters, one of whom should be fairly hot, and then of course, they have to die at the end.