Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Get your motor running…

Head out on the sidewalk!

Heh. The disabilities coordinator just got in a new scooter/wheel chair/object of my slacking desire:

She’s a beaut, Clark.

And she’ll haul some serious handicapped ass too. I had it cranked all the way to 11- displayed on the dash as a rabbit. I guess rabbits are like the 11 of the animal kingdom. That would put the cheetah at about a 37 or something I guess.

Anyhoo, as a service to her students, the disabilities coordinator needs to make sure that the battery won’t conk out on someone driving it on campus. So she has to have the battery worn down to dead before it can be re-charged. But it’s taking a while to wear that sucker down. A cause I have taken upon myself to champion. Granted, that’s not exactly the 13th labor of Hercules; but seriously, it can actually get kinda boring driving around a deserted campus after a while. I didn’t think it could, but frak me running (or riding) if it doesn’t.

So I’m gonna chip away at it. Every day I’ll take it out for a spin until I get bored, get in trouble or wear the damned thing out. Whichever comes first. Eventually, it’ll be spent; and I’m sure that I will be too. Tired of riding that thing with no one new to honk at or impress with my Andretti-esque scootering skills.

Man, you know it's bad when even the fun things at work start to get tedious and be a bit of a pain in the ass. Oh well, it's a living.


D

7 comments:

Paul said...

this motorized scooter goes to 11

adubya said...

The company I'm working at has long walks between buildings and they give those things out to anyone that wants them. Most are huge fat women who drive them up to the donut display and load up their baskets. Maybe if they walked occasionally they wouldn't need the freakin' cart.

The Icon said...

How can you get tired of that? It's everything we always dreamed of having back at the GSU admissions office. Good God man, you finally have a Murphmobile!

D said...

I've made my own racetracks now. The best is the Foley International Speedpark, which is just the auditorium with the doors open. But it does have a treacherous turn 4: narrow door opening with a row of seats you have to avoid right after.

It's awesome.

In fact, I think I'll go for a ride right now!

Dharma Hawk said...

I know these things are made for old folks and disabled people, but the only people I ever see riding them are really really fat people (who are probably fat because they already didn't walk enough before they found these things).

D said...

Everybody's all about the easy way out nowadays.

Anonymous said...

What is with the fatphobia people? Fat is where its at!