Monday, June 18, 2007

There goes my beer-o... watch it as it goes

*Sigh* First $100 power bill of the season. And it'll only go up just about every freakin' month for summer after this.



I've tried every damned thing I could think of to reduce the amount of power used, all to no avail. New weather stripping won't help because of a huge chunk of molding missing from the front door (need to yell at them again to come and fix that). And keeping the air up high during the day when I'm gone doesn't work and isn't fair to the dog.

So basically I'm hosed. I'll just have to cut way back on all the fun stuff. Or at least prioritize better.

*sigh* Goddamnit. Time to start re-thinking the whole roommate thing again...

D

2 comments:

Kelley said...

As Tommy has found out, leaving the thermostat at one constant temperature really, really helps. Trust me.

Suine Hallock said...

That sucks! I know how bad the energy bill hurts. My apartment is on the 3rd floor of my building, right below the attic so I have to keep the thermostat set at 60 to keep the temperature at 72. Thoughtful of you not to leave your dog baking!