Thursday, June 29, 2006

Asleep at the wheel


Dreamcatcher:
“In Native American culture, a dreamcatcher is a handmade object based on a hoop (traditionally of willow), incorporating a loose net, and decorated with items unique to the particular dreamcatcher. There is a traditional belief that a dreamcatcher filters a person's dreams, trapping the bad ones and letting only the good ones through.
Dreamcatchers are an authentic Native American tradition from the Ojibwa (Chippewa) tribe. The Ojibwa would tie sinew strands in a web around a small round or tear-shaped frame (in a way roughly similar to their method for making snowshoe webbing) and hang the resulting "dream-catcher" as a charm to protect sleeping children from nightmares.”
---------

I don’t understand why people have dreamcatchers in their car’s rearview mirror. I mean, that’s not where they’re supposed to go. They’re supposed to go by a person’s bed… where they DREAM!

How much actual dreaming do you do when you’re tooling around town and aggravating the piss out of me on the roads? Apparently a shit-load. Hmmm… maybe that’s why you’re such a bad fucking driver: you’re asleep!

And if you say that they hang them in the car because they’re daydreaming or because their children sleep in the car; well then, you’re an asshole.

Look, all I want is for people to sit and think for a damn second and then take that stupid, white-trash car ornament off the mirror and put it where it belongs: by the bed. That’s all. For now anyways.

D

(And yes, I do realize that Blogger allowed me to put an image in this post, but has yet to allow me to make fun of Nic Cage. And yes, it does piss me off.)

1 comment:

adubya said...

A woman I used to work near had one hanging over her desk and yes, she slept most of the day so it was appropriate. Loudest female snorer I've ever heard. I used to call her phone and hang up just to stop the snoring.