Wednesday, June 21, 2006

No whammies, no whammies... stop!

There's a weird balance in baseball for me right now. My 2 favorite teams are at polar ends of the standings. And it's not the usual teams that are at the top and the bottom of their respective divisions.

The "hometown favorite" Atlanta Braves are sucking ass and are in last place in the NL East (14 1/2 games back of the Mets)...

while my beloved perennial losers, the Detroit Tigers, sit atop the AL Central (2 games ahead of the 2nd place White Sox).

It's great to be able to watch a Tigers' game and see them get a win, instead of loss after loss, after loss...after loss....et al. But it's frustrating to see the Braves taking it on the chin over and over (as of now they've lost 18 of the last 21).

But after 14 years of the Braves winning the NL East, I'll sacrifice a year or two in the hopes that I might see Detroit win their division and God, Buddha, Allah, Moses, and all the Super Buddies willing; win the ALCS.

I just hope I haven't screwed myself and every other Detroit fan over by posting this and throwing out some bad juju. I probably have...

D

5 comments:

adubya said...

I'm loving the Braves sucking, I do not like them sam I am.
But, I do have Smoltz on my fantasy team and the bullpen blowing his games is starting to piss me off.
As for the Tigers, pretty amazing, they just took 2 of 3 against the Brewers and I was impressed. Great pitching and a bunch of no-names outside of Pudge and Mags just hitting the shit out of the ball.

Kelley said...

don't count my Braves out. Anything can happen. And I believe if you have to work for it, you appreciate it more. We'll see.

adubya said...

put a fork in 'em, they're done

Paul said...

F*** the Braves!
Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Mets!

adubya said...

and surprise surprise, the Braves bullpen blows another win... they've lost 10 in a row and I've got Smoltz going tonight.