Thursday, June 01, 2006

Oh bloody hell...

Just finished giving blood again. This time was better than last time for a couple of reasons:

  • It took less time to get through the initial line because I had my little Donor Card.
  • The whole process took like 2 hours, so I was out of the office for a while.
  • They hooked me up to some fancy machine because I volunteered to let them take more blood and red blood cells than a regular donor.

said fancy machine

  • They separated my blood/blood cells from my plasma and I got to watch it happen.
  • Everyone in hearing distance laughed at the joke I made about the plasma:
    Nurse: “You see that? That’s your plasma being separated from your blood.”
    Me: “Oh, good. For a second there I thought you were separating all the beer from
    my blood.”

my blood and my beer, I mean plasma


Ah, it's good to know I can still kill a room even when I’m lightheaded and feenin’ for the juice and cookies I know I’ve got coming.

D

No comments: