Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I think it, he says it.

It’s the grandest Hallmark Holiday of them all today. And in true anti-Valentine’s spirit, I present to you a “Name That” contest.

Name the show and character who said it and receive some sort of a classic Screw Big, Dumb American! type prize (and yes, I may even mail it to you if you’re one of my out of town readers).

“Molly, I'm narcissistic, I'm pessimistic, I'm obsessive, I'm insecure, and I am so afraid of intimacy that every one of my relationships is a journey of self-sabotage that inevitably ends in a black vacuum of shattered expectations and despair.”

Wow. That’s just one of those random quotes that you see or hear and it resonates with you. So much so that you end up tracking it down just to make sure that you remember it right and you start to obsess over it and begin an awkward journey of self-analysis that ends with you lying in a pool of despair/spilled beer, which only helps to further perpetuate your unwanted paranoia about Japanese people constantly watching you.

That or it’s just a good quote that I read too much into. I can never tell.

Name that show & character, win a prize!

D

3 comments:

Kelley said...

J.D. says it to Molly on Scrubs. I want my prize.

adubya said...

Damn, I was pretty sure my dad said that to my mom at some point.

D said...

Kelley-
Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm working on it as we speak, er, type.

Adub-
hahahahaha