Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

After far too many a moon have passed since I last saw Chris and Tiffany, Turner and I made a pilgrimage to Atlanta this past weekend to visit. Since there’s no real, linear story; I have the highlights. Check the bullet points, bitches!

--
The world is mine!!!!


I half-hammeredly kicked ass in Risk on Friday night. And as my first act as ruler of the world, I will name Rammstein the official band of the planet; which with my second act will be renamed “Funky Town.”

--
Goddamned Mongorians!

Turner wanted to visit some Chinese restaurant wholesale place to find some new décor for his house. He apparently is a huge fan of Happy Panda Family Express and wants to live there. We drove around Atlanta based on some stellar, Magellan-like directions from Turner’s dad, only to discover 45 minutes and 7 passes by REI later that the place was only like 5 minutes and a couple of streets away from Chris and Tiffany’s place.


I personally think that when all is said and done with his decorating, it’s gonna look like Turner robbed a Chinese restaurant.


Turner's always gracious enough to give you a fortune cookie when you leave.



--
“Always win.”


Chris bought an awesome Daniel-san headband at Turner’s Chinese wholesale place. I’m still lamenting the fact that I didn’t buy one as well. For the rest of the night (and now as well) I had that damned “You’re the best around…” song stuck in my head.

--
All in… and then all out


I suck at poker. I suppose if I actually played more I’d get better. But I have better things to do. And seriously, I thought I could have won with 3 8’s and a Jack. I really didn’t think Tiffany would have 3 aces. Thus the beauty and the horror that is poker.

--
Who am I?

Well, apparently after numerous incarnations of the “Who would you/I be?” games, I am:

Colonel Tigh





--



Registration Act

After a nerdgasim-inducing visit to Oxford Comics, I decided that if I ever get married; I'm going to make sure that my wife knows we're registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond, the GSU Bookstore, Oxford Comics and the nearest liquor store.

The above sentence also pretty much guarantees that I will never be married unless I strike up some desperate pact with Turner. But that will never happen as I don't want to live in a Chinese restaurant.
--
I was a part of the Speed Force

"Tilt" is waaaaay more interesting and effective than "Sparks". That shit whacked me the fuck out. But it works like a charm.





--

Turner unleashed.

Turner totally unloaded on a girl who said we were way too nerdy after she had already said that she watched Full Metal Alchemist with the subtitles on.
"Fuck. You!"

--

Rumble in the Bronx

This Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger at IHOP, while tasty, did far more damage to my stomach than all the beer and Tilt did.
---
That's all I've got right now. Man, Atlanta should seriously be a lot closer to Statesboro. These weekends are too few and far between.






D



No comments: