Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You’re not a quitter if you never start

I’ve decided that I’m not giving up my beloved alcamahol for Lent. And it’s not because I have a problem. It’s more like because I have problems.

-There’s still a good bit of beer left in my fridge, and I refuse to throw away perfectly good Guinness. That’s like a sin or something.
-There’s also the impending unofficial SBDA national holiday of St. Patrick’s Day coming up. And it’s on a Saturday to boot, so that’s just asking for trouble.
-I’m going up to Atlanta this weekend to see the Masked Mofo, The Slut and Pretty Boy Slim; so it just wouldn’t be right if I didn’t let LC out to at least say “hey!”
-I’m thinking that I’m going to need to drown my sorrows sometime soon, and drowning them in fruit punch or green tea just doesn’t quite do it like how my second love can soothe me.
-Me likey to drinky.


Jesus won't weep for me falling off the wagon, but he'd kick my ass for throwing this away.


I still want to do it, so I may just have to find a consecutive 40 days and nights where nothing important is going to be happening or is planned. Then maybe I can prove to one and all that I actually can function for a month without alcohol, like... like someone who... wait... are there people who don't have alcohol in them for entended periods of time? *shudder*

So anyways, not doing it. In fact, I may go home and have a beer or 4 just to celebrate my non-quitting triumph thing or whatever the hell I'm doing or not doing.

D

4 comments:

adubya said...

Forget Jesus, I would kick your ass if you threw away Guinness. That is for sure a sin.
Do you prefer the Extra Stout over the Draught? I prefer Draught but they're both excellent. In fact, the place I'm bowling tonight only has the stout so I'll be drinking that. Wednesday's they have draught.
Funny story. I was in a dive liquor store buying some draught once and when I set it on the counter the dufus says "how is the drought compared to the stout?" At first I didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. The drought? Where is the drought? Is there a beer that lacks sufficient water? Then it dawned on me. He couldn't read. I said "the DRAUGHT is excellent"

D said...

I figured that you'd cut in line to get to me if I did that.

And I do prefer the Stout to the "Drought".

And ha ha, illiteracy is funny.

The Icon said...

Do I have to say it?

D said...

Yes. Yes you do.