Friday, March 23, 2007

Dirty mouth?

Forget Orbit,


use Galactica:


Lately I’ve been kinda cleaning up my language with the help of one of the Nerduary’s favorite shows, Battlestar Galactica.

What started off as a nerdy, little tribute to an awesome show; has grown into a full fledged addition to my lexicon now. I’ve replaced my much beloved and cherished “fuck”, with the more covert and stylish “frak” (and all the variations that accompany it).



I’ve been doing it long enough now that it comes out instinctively, and frequently, where its predecessor did before. Not that I don’t still pull out the big gun every now and then, I just save that one for special occasions.

And to further add to my nerd-word replacement, I switched the tried and true “goddamn” over to the Firefly-esque “gorram”. Been doing that one longer, but it just hasn’t taken off quite like “frak”.

Since we’re here, “shit” has been periodically temped by “shizza” solely because I think the word sounds funny. Yes, I know that the word is actually pronounced “Scheisse” (shy-sah); but “shizza” just has a ring to it.

So, while I’m far from being as pure as the driven snow, I’m at least not gonna have my mouth washed out with soap as often.

D

1 comment:

Paul said...

"If You Were In A German Scheisse Video..you'd tell me right?"
-Cartman