Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This just in: I wanna be in you.

The local news is always on one or more of the TVs at the gym when I go, so I’ve been catching most of the muted or closed captioned 6:00 broadcasts. One thing I’ve started noticing is that some of the local field reporters/news teams members are getting younger, and more importantly, hotter.

Christy

Brooke

Trish

Stephanie


Kelly (much hotter on TV)


I guess there’s just an influx of young talent coming into the Savannah market and the stations are trying to go with more attractive reporters in an attempt garner more viewers. Or at least male viewers. And some of the lesbians in the area. Possibly that, and the fact that maybe all these green reporters may be a little more cost effective for right now, rather than trying to hold on to more seasoned pros or replacing the ones they lose.

I dunno. Not being in the industry for so long has severely rusted up my insights and dried up my local resources pretty badly. But I do know this, broadcast news is a fickle and untamable animal really (kind of like a cat), so you never really know what to expect from day to day or even market to market.

Alls I know is that me likey the new eye candy.

D

No comments: