Friday, March 02, 2007

Tales of Dickery: "And I quote Kermit the Frog..."

Very few times have I looked back on a bit of dickery and felt some sort of guilt only to be followed up by a sort of righteous ire because really, if anyone deserved dickery, it would be that person. That day, that person was Lando.

“And I quote Kermit the Frog…”
Zeke and I were bullshitting around with Lando down in Lando’s own private Cloud City of an office one day. And Lando is just going on about golf, his old stomping grounds, his fraternity, or maybe his big foreheaded wife; who knows. He’s just going on and I get up out of my chair and walk across the office to his bookshelf where he has all his personal items and decorations.

I pick up a framed quote from a beloved green amphibian, one Kermit the Frog, and proceed to read it aloud: “It’s hard to be green.”

“What the fuck? That’s not how it goes. ‘It’s hard to be green’? Hahahaha. It’s supposed to be, and I quote Kermit the Frog, ‘It’s not easy being green.’ Man, who fucked this one up? Framed it and everything.”

Lando: “…. My dad made that for me….”

Me: “Oh…well… it’s still wrong.”

Zeke: *laughing*
----

Kermit remembers fondly some of his own dickery inflicted on those two pricks, Statler & Waldorf.


Ah, a short bit of dickery for you. And not the last to be visited upon good ol’ Lando either.

D


UPDATE:
Zeke reminded me that no too long after this happened, Lando's father passed away. So my dickery was truly about as dickerish as you could get. That's actually Zeke's favorite part of the whole story. I'm a tad more compassionate than he is on this one. I've gotta say that my favorite part of the story is the "Man, who fucked this one up? Framed it and everything.” part.

D

No comments: