Monday, March 05, 2007

3's a crowd

After watching Tommy and Kelley’s dog, Gus, for the weekend; I’ve decided to pull the emergency brake on seriously considering getting another dog. Not that Gus was bad or anything (aside from eating my flip flops, which was my bad for forgetting to move them); I just realized how much I take The Future Overlord being just like me for granted.

He’s as OCD about things as I am; and has our routines about going out, eating, playing, sleeping, etc down to a science. It’s to the point that he knows some of that shit better than I do. I think he has a furry, little PDA hidden on him somewhere that he checks when I’m not looking.

So to throw another dog into that Olympic-caliber routine would just completely piss one or both of us off. Now I just need to see about watching someone’s kitten for a weekend as a test run for that…

D


UPDATE:
The dog-sitting service continues as now I'll be watching Turner's dog, Winston, while he goes to Bike Week for a couple of days and nights.


Winston lovin' it up on a rugby ball.

9 comments:

Kelley said...

Admit it...you just hate our dog.

D said...

No I don't. I just especially love him in small, controlled doses. ;-)

adubya said...

Like other people's kids. Great in small doses...

D said...

Yeah Winston was at my house for less than an hour and when we got home the 2 of them had already gotten into and eaten all his food and treats. Plus Winston had pulled up some carpet. Dagnabbit.

adubya said...

Nice...

D said...

Yeah, I loved it. but they've been nothing but good since then though. But I just wrote that, so they probably just got the urge to dig a hole through the wall into the Nerduary.

Paul said...

you need to find the right dog to match Brody's energy...preferably a female...DO NOT get a cat...as Diesel and Triumph say "cats are [C U Next Tuesday]s"

adubya said...

You can have my cat, I have no use for it. You can only step in vomit so many times before you punt the f'er through the wall.

D said...

While I would have a natural vomit (and poop)remover wandering the place, I think I'll pass.