Thursday, March 22, 2007

Save Knut




Although I’m all for animal rights and doing what’s best for animals in general, I don’t consider myself an “animal rights activist”. I’m really kind of an “animal rights prettymuchist”. But to these activists calling for little Knut’s death, I say “Fuck you guys.”

Do you go around calling for the death of all household dogs, cats, fish, birds, etc? Do you? They were all wild animals at one time only to be domesticated and go on to lead fulfilling and sometimes charitable lives. Now I’m not saying that they should domesticate little Knut, but they can probably get him into another zoo or something. I mean, isn’t that how many zoos are populated- with refugees or rescues from the wild?



And last I checked, polar bears were in the “threatened” area for conservation, so should we really be going around killing them all willy nilly? I mean, there’s seal pups for that.

And while I really was pissed off at the thought of poor, little Knut getting the lethal injection; this was also a half-assed attempt to finally get to use this picture in a post:



In the future when I rule the world, I shall have an army of polar bears patrolling the perimeter of my Antarctic compound… kind of like Mr. Freeze. However, that lazy-ass bear, Carl, will be fired for shirking his duties for the umpteenth time. Let’s see how he likes it when I send him to Greenland to live life unemployed and without a GED.
------

Well whaddaya know? 2 half-assed posts don’t always add up to a decent whole-assed post. Oh well, at least I got to talk about polar bears. They’re they world’s largest land predators, you know.

D

2 comments:

Paul said...

CNN did a great story about polar bears. There was a similar case at a zoo in Chicago. They hand raised Tiguak, but were able to get her involved with other polar bears at a certain point. She is now 7 and living with a polar bear male at a zoo in Montreal.

D said...

CNN is where I first heard about Knut, and I think it was from that story the other morning.