Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A.S.S.: They're Here to Save the Day... If They Don't Kill Each Other First.

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday. But this weekend was really uneventful. Aside from me getting a pretty good drunk on last Friday night and my Eagles losing, nothing much happened.

And the fact that I am having too damned good of a time with my Liquid Courage blog doesn't help. I know that I'm prone to obsession very easily, but I don't think this is at all a bad thing. I'm getting a chance to develop the character more and do what I really enjoy: writing good material and planning to shoot another few episodes of A.S.S. Most of the time when people ask me what I want to be doing 5 years from now, I have no answer. But every time we get involved with A.S.S., I remember that THIS is what I want to do for a living.

One of the best parts has really been to watch the whole mythos of A.S.S. grow. It started out as just a couple of us screwing around making up stupid superhero characters. Then we made a short film and submitted it to Wizard for their film contest, to no success. But then it took off on it's own around Statesboro. (One time I walked into Dos Primos only to hear someone yell out "Hey! It's Liquid Courage!" I stopped dead in my tracks.) And then it took to the Internet too. Last we checked, there were like 476 downloads of the video. That's a number we weren't expecting. Then came the blogs. We farted around with the idea of doing it, and leave it to Chris to actually do it. That started the landslide of A.S.S. blogs, and now we're seeing them becoming actual superheroes in their own right. We get to do things we could never do on video, and also really develop and flesh out the characters.

So, I know I'm lovingly referred to as Liquid Courage sometimes, which is fine and dandy; but if you really want to experience LC in all his glory; as well as The Masked Mofo, The Reverend, The Slut, Pretty Boy Slim and Shit Kicker, just visit here. But remember that to get the full grasp of the A.S.S. universe, you have to read all the blogs and comments (I like to think that's where LC shines).

I hope it's entertaining. Happy reading.

D

1 comment:

D said...

Thanks, Alison. I'll try to make sure not to sacrifice quality for quantity.

D