Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Kind of like Jimmy Caan in "Misery"

So the new job allows me access to the Internet. Hooray!

However, there is a slight glitch in my goofing off plans: The school has a web filter/software thingamajig that restricts certain sites (entertainment, shopping, etc...) while you're online. It's called "Quota Time" or something. So you can go to the sites you'd like to, but you only have about 60 minutes or so total of time each day (I think) to go there. It runs in about 10 minute increments, so you had better make the best of every second when you're on whichever site is filtered. But at least it's kind enough to tell you ahead of time that the site you typed in is on their filtered list and how much time you have left. I guess it's to keep everyone all productive and stuff.

HOWEVER, I am still testing sites to see if they are snagged and so far some of my favorites are not. Like Blogspot! Cool beans.

So, it's not like I've been handicapped like Brad, but I'm still used to having a little more freedom Internet-wise. At least I get to go home every night.

D

No comments: