Thursday, October 20, 2005

Homecoming? I never left!

Ah, Homecoming. One of the most special weekends, or week actually, in all of college football season. The only weekend that compares to it in sheer school pride and drunkedness is the weekend you play your rival school. *cough* Furman swallows! *cough* Sorry, little something stuck there. Anyways, Homecoming is a joyous occasion where students show their love for their alma mater, see graduated friends from out of town, get piss drunk and verbally abuse the cream puff team that should have been scheduled for the Homecoming Sacrifice. However, it sucks huge donkey balls if your AD schedules a team that could possibly come in and steal a win and totally kill your buzz. But back to the fun and jubilation. Homecoming is about pride, pure and simple. Students and alumni show pride in their school. The football team shows pride for the school it plays for. And after a win, both sides show pride in the fact that they just drained the whole county bone dry of it's entire alcohol supply. Or two counties if you lose. Either way there's a lot of pride flowing through the streets.

So you may have guessed that it is indeed Homecoming here in the 'Boro. And you may have noticed I used a kind of theme if you will in my post. So you may get an idea that I will be showing my school pride in every slurred cheer I can muster, blatant disregard for my personal safety and that I will not remember a good 48 hours of my life after this weekend. So if you see me; be sure to raise a beer in salute to the Eagles of Georgia Southern University, keep me out of oncoming traffic, keep me away from any girls I do not need to be talking to (I'm serious. I wouldn't do that to you. Again anyways.), and check on me every now and then if/when I pass out. So, just like every other weekend I guess.

Go Eagles!!!!!

D

2 comments:

The Icon said...

Jesus Christ, what's with all the deleted comments?

D said...

Apparently everyone thought I was full of shit and wanted to call me on it. And then decided against it. Over and over and over. Or something like that.